How Timebanking works
1. People list the skills and experience which they can offer and those that they may need.
2. Everyone’s skills are valued equally – one hour always equals one time credit.
3. Everyone agrees to both give and to receive help, to earn and to spend their time credits.
4. A record is kept of all the time credits earned and spent, ideally on computer using the ‘Time Online’ system.
5. Everyone is encouraged to spend their time credits to allow others the chance to make a difference and feel needed.
The more people share their time and skills, the healthier and happier your neighbourhood will become. With time banking, everyday acts of kindness are recognised as the important contribution they are to everyone’s wellbeing.
Time banking is a new and safe framework for people to connect up with each other, a letter of introduction to neighbourhood life.